Breast Implant Removal
Breast implant removal is a plastic surgery procedure used to either eliminate the use of implants or allow for new implants to be inserted. The goal of breast implant removal surgery will depend on what the client is looking for and what is best for their health.
Clients seek breast implant removal in Nashville to switch to larger or smaller implants, address sagging and shape by combining with a breast lift, or to embrace an implant-free look. Removal can be added to numerous other plastic surgery procedures or as part of a mommy makeover.
To find out if you are a candidate for breast implant removal, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Why We’re Nashville’s Top Choice
- Stephen Davis is a highly trained surgeon with certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Our practice has been helping Nashville clients for more than two decades, allowing thousands of clients to make the changes they desire.
- We are committed to your comfort and safety throughout your time with us, from the planning stages to your aftercare.
Is Breast Implant Removal Right for You?
A common misconception is that breast implants have to be removed and replaced every 10 years. Because this myth is so pervasive, we see a lot of clients seeking breast implant removal not because they want it, but because they think it is required. As long as your breast implants are in good shape, you are happy with them and you have no other medical reason to have them taken out, removal is not required.
With that said, there are reasons clients might wish to have their implants removed. These include:
- Being unhappy with the size or appearance of their current implants
- Having gotten black market implants during surgery abroad
- Presence of capsular contracture, where excessive scar tissue develops and squeezes the implant, causing pain and visible distortion
- Detection of breast cancer in an area that necessitates implant removal for treatment
- Opting for additional surgeries that will look better with implant revision
Breast Implant Revision Patient Testimonial
During Your Breast Implant Removal Surgery
Dr. Davis completes breast implant removal surgery at The Atrium, a specialty operating facility at Centennial Hospital. It is typically an outpatient procedure and is performed under general anesthesia. Clients are carefully monitored throughout the surgery and during the recovery period prior to release.
How the surgery is conducted will depend on a variety of factors. Where incisions are made will depend on where the scars are from the previous breast augmentation and if the procedure is being combined with others. Dr. Davis will do his best to utilize the original incision sites to minimize additional scarring. The specific details of your surgery will be decided during your consultation.
Breast Implant Removal Recovery
After this, they can resume light physical activity, then get into their normal routine at about 6 weeks after the procedure. This schedule may vary a bit between clients as healing times can differ for each individual. Be sure to always follow Dr. Davis’ guidelines and call the office if you have questions or concerns.
Breast implant Removal Results
View before and after photos of some of our satisfied patients!
Take the Next Step
If you are unhappy with your current implants or have another reason for considering implant removal, it is time to take the next step. Contact us today to schedule your breast implant removal consultation.
Breast Implant Removal FAQs
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the average cost for breast implant removal is $2,566. This does not include all the costs related to the surgery, such as anesthesia, facility fees, post-operative garments and more. Clients should consult with us about our financing options before deciding if the cost is out of their budget
Breast implant removal in Nashville is offered by many plastic surgery practices. More important than just finding a surgeon who offers the service is locating the doctor and practice that is the best fit for you. Schedule consultations with multiple surgeons so you can discover who you are most comfortable with, looking at things like their breast augmentation before and after photos and how they help you plan your procedure.
Some things we ask clients to do prior to surgery include:
- Stop smoking 4 weeks prior to surgery
- Switch to a healthy diet to promote healing
- Avoid all blood-thinning medications
- Stop eating 8 hours prior to surgery
Before surgery, we will give you a complete list of everything you need to do to be ready.