Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Dr. Stephen M. Davis is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery and aesthetic procedures such as breast enhancement, body contouring, facial plastic surgery and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. He is compassionate and results-driven, which are just some of the reasons why his patients recognize him as a top plastic surgeon in Nashville.
Dr. Davis opened Green Hills Plastic Surgery in 1998. His training includes General Surgery at Michigan State University and Plastic Surgery at internationally prestigious McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
As a former Lieutenant Colonel of the United States Army, Dr. Davis served as the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services in the 18th MASH. He also served as the Chief of Plastic Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Fort Lewis, Washington. He served numerous overseas tours, including the Gulf War (Desert Shield, Desert Storm and Desert Calm).
Why Choose Dr. Stephen M. Davis
Dr. Davis delivers an exceptional level of care to his patients. He believes each patient is unique with their own desires and expectations and is dedicated to educating patients to give them their best options to help them achieve their desired results.
Over the past two decades, I have treated thousands of patients. Every patient is unique, with their own desires and expectations. That is why I take the time to talk to you, thoroughly explain every procedure and give different treatment options. I want you to make educated decisions about your procedures and your desired results.
An Education That Inspires Trust
Dr. Davis maintains the highest certifications and training available and has more than 28 years of experience in his field. He believes that it is not only important to achieve the highest level of qualifications, but also to be a part of the conversation and knowledge exchange.
I take my patients’ health and needs very seriously. I believe that my education and surgical training support that commitment. Achieving certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery has proven the strong foundation. My patients can be confident they are receiving the best possible care.
Passionate about His Work
Dr. Davis has spent his career perfecting his skill and offering the most advanced practices and techniques available.
I am very enthusiastic about what I do. Few people have the opportunity to change so many lives for the better. I am challenged every day and enjoy stepping up to meet that challenge. There is nothing better than seeing the happiness in a patient’s face when they see their beautiful results.
A Commitment to His Profession
Dr. Davis is an active member of multiple professional plastic surgery organizations where he frequently lectures as well as receives the latest expertise, direction and advice from field experts around the world.
My involvement with professional organizations is an important way in which I keep pace with new developments in my field. I enjoy the ongoing exchange of knowledge with my colleagues. The end result is a higher overall level of care…and surgical innovations that can dramatically improve your appearance as well as your life.
Life Outside the Office
In his spare time, Dr. Davis enjoys following the Nashville Predators, playing and coaching hockey and is captain of his men’s league hockey team. He is a proud father of two grown children who are also Predators’ fans.
Background and Training
- United States Army, Lieutenant Colonel (1986-1996) Chief of Plastic Surgery, Fort Lewis, WA
- Deputy Commander for Clinical Services 18th MASH General Surgeon / Plastic Surgeon 47th CSH
- Chief, Plastic Surgery Madigan Army Medical Center, Fort Lewis, WA
- Chairman: Cleft Lip / Palate / Cranio-Facial Team, Madigan Army Medical Center
- Director of QA and Risk management, Madigan Arm Medical Center
- Deputy Commander for Clinical Services: 18th MASH General Surgeon / Plastic Surgeon: 47th CSH
- Gulf War: Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Desert Calm
- Team Member; JTF – Full Accounting
- Plastic Surgery Consultant: Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, AK
- Plastic Surgery Consultant: Fort Wainwright, Fairbanks, AK
- Plastic Surgery Consultant: Surgical Advisory Committee, Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Associate Clinical Professor; Vanderbilt University Medical Center