Chemical peels are an affordable cosmetic skin treatment that can improve the look and feel of your skin in a quick and easy appointment. Micro peels is used to address fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage and uneven skin tone. Medium depth peels are more thorough and can treat more stubborn discoloration and other skin texture problems.
If you want to change the appearance and texture of your skin, contact us to schedule your chemical peel consultation.
Why We're Nashville's Top Choice
- Stephen Davis is a highly trained plastic surgeon with a keen understanding of how to best address skin aesthetic concerns.
- Davis is certified by the American Board of Plastics Surgery and is also a fellow of the American College of Plastic Surgeons.
- Green Hills Plastic Surgery has been helping Nashville clients improve their skin for over two decades.
Types of Chemical Peels
- Signature Facelift Peel — great for rosacea, dry and dehydrated skin.
- Wrinkle Lift Peel — potent anti-aging properties that repair and reduce fine lines and gives you visibly tighter skin.
- Lightening Lift Peel — an effective lightening peel that helps correct melasma, sun spots and post pregnancy mask.
- Acne Lift Peel — deeply clears clogged pores and eliminates excess oil while exfoliating dead cells.
Medium Depth Peels
- ZO Medical 3 Step Peel — medically treats various skin conditions of acne, wrinkles, fine lines, skin pigmentation, and sun damage.
- ZO Stimulator Peel — mild peel for all skin types. Stimulates epidermal turnover, reduces comedogenic acne, smooths and evens skin tone, minimizes fine lines and leaves skin calm without irritation.
Is a Chemical Peel Right for You?
If you have issues with the coloration or texture of your skin, a chemical peel might be right for you. This form of skin correction is suited to those with sun-damaged skin, signs of aging, brown spots, deep lines, and acne. Some reasons you might want to consider getting a chemical peel include:
- Wanting to improve the texture of your skin
- A desire to increase cell turnover rate so your skin is younger
- Increasing your natural collagen production to address signs of aging
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreasing spots with hyperpigmentation
- Unclogging pores to treat chronic acne
- Creating more even skin tone
- Achieving a dewy and refreshed look
- Eliminating minor scarring
During Your Chemical Peel
The term chemical peel can sound daunting, but we promise there is nothing to be afraid of. The process starts with your skin being cleansed to remove all surface oils and debris that could interfere with the results of treatment. Once cleaned, your skin will be allowed to dry, and then the solution can be applied.
As the solution is applied to the skin, you will experience a warming sensation. We will cool the area to ensure it does not become too uncomfortable. Sometimes, clients report sensations of stinging or itching. This is normal and will stop once the procedure is complete. It is simply part of the process of eliminating the skin cells that are problematic for you.
Chemical Peel Recovery
Unlike most other nonsurgical treatments, there is a recovery period after a chemical peel. How long this will be is determined by what type of peel you receive and how your skin reacts to it. Some clients do not require downtime, while others can need as much as 7 days.
It is important to note that those who do need a recovery period may not need it instantly. Some patients will not have any redness or peeling for several days after treatment and then need to take time off work while their skin heals to reach the final results.
Chemical Peel Results
Results from a chemical peel are not instantly visible in most cases. It is fairly unpredictable when the final results will emerge. Some clients see a noticeable improvement within days of the procedure, while others report it taking a few weeks.
How dramatic the results are will also vary. Skin that is already in pretty good condition may simply look refreshed while those addressing more noticeable concerns may see an equally noticeable improvement.
Take the Next Step
If there is an aspect of your skin that is bothersome to you, a chemical peel might be able to offer the change you need. Now is the time to take the next step. Contact us to schedule your Nashville chemical peel.
Chemical Peel FAQs
There is no one set price for a chemical peel. Factors that come into play include the types of chemicals used, if other services are rendered at the same time and the experience level of the provider. We offer a full range of chemical peel options and will discuss the cost with you during your consultation.
Before scheduling your chemical peel treatment, make certain the provider you choose has the best possible certifications and is experienced in applying chemical peels. Plastic surgeons’ offices are often an excellent choice as they employ highly qualified and experienced staff. Be sure to do your research and ask to see before and after photos to see the kinds of results their clients have achieved.
We suggest you do a few things to gear up for your treatment:
- Go into your consultation with specifics about what you want from treatment
- Be realistic about your results and expect to need multiple treatments over the course of several months
- Stop exfoliating a week before your chemical peel
- Stop all retinols and hydroxy acids for a minimum of three days before the procedure