Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, reduces excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow, reshapes your arm to result in smoother skin and contours, and results in a more toned and proportionate appearance. Arm Lifts are performed in our Nashville surgery center.
Enhancing your appearance with an arm lift
- Fluctuations in weight, growing older and even heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance.
- Exercise may strengthen and improve the underlying muscle tone of the upper arm, but it cannot address excess skin that has lost elasticity or underlying weakened tissues and localized fat deposits.
- If the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat, an arm lift may be right for you.
Arrm Lift Procedure benefits:
- Reduces excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow
- Reshapes your arm to result in smoother skin and contours
- Results in a more toned and proportionate appearance
What is an arm lift?
An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from the underarm region to the elbow. The procedure is performed to:
- Reduce excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tighten and smooth the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduce localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Is it right for me?
In general, candidates for an arm lift include:
- Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Generally, post-operative instructions require plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time. Bandages are applied right after surgery to minimize swelling and provide support. The scars resulting from the incisions are permanent but are carefully placed so as to minimize visibility located on the inside of the upper arm. Patients sometimes report minor pain associated with surgery which can be treated with oral medication. Recovery time varies with the extent of the procedure. While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the directions that are given after the surgery.
More Info On Arm Life
To get the best results, it's important to go to a doctor who is experienced in Arm lifts and other reconstructive procedures. Dr. Stephen Davis FACS is a board certified plastic surgeon at Green Hills Plastic Surgery in Nashville and is extremely experienced in breast implant removal and reconstructive surgery. To schedule an appointment or if you have questions please call our office at 615-327-7407. We proudly serve Nashville, Tennessee, and the surrounding communities of Brentwood, Franklin, Hendersonville, Clarksville, Spring Hill and Columbia.